Thursday, July 24, 2008

Felon



Very few movies move me, especially to the point where I blog so early after my last successful one.

The movie Felon was the exception.

It is writing, screenplay, directing, and acting at it's peak.

Philosophy curving every little nuisance on the screen, slowly coming up from behind you, deep from the shadows, moving you like a rush of wind from a hurricane.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To think, philosophy, and a Hollywood movie, i thought I'd never see the day.

Let alone me even mentioning a movie on my blog, a thought provoking movie was just unheard of especially in these times.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I really want to meet the writer of this movie, it takes a lot of work to stimulate my interest, let alone inspire me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I leave you with my favorite quote in the movie:

Usually I'm quoting someone elses words...the least I could do is give you some 'John Smith originals'. They won't be poetic, but they'll be the truth.

Yes, prison desensitizes you. But it also forces you to see whats most important. Family..and loyalty. Because a con like you know neither exists in this place. So don't run from who you've become, felon. Embrace it. Grow from it. And you'll never lose sight of what truly matters...that's my final piece of advice.

Wait porter, and protect your family at all costs...even if you're forced to kill again. Because if I had to, I'd wipe out the whole planet to get mine back. So long, friend.



In a world where so many of us struggle with perspective, a felon has it figured all out.

Family and loyalty, two things never to be sacrificed, two things never to be sold for petty gains, two things not to be lost in a materialistic world.

Don't go to a guru or some guy in India who will tell you the meaning of life.

Watch this movie and discover it for yourself.

There will be true heartbreak, few have ever felt, and you will see it permeate from this movie.

Sacrifice, the kind that most understand but have never actually witnessed, will be seen.

In the end, you will leave, and forever take a piece of this movie, as a part of your own soul.

~~Phoenix

No comments:

Click Daily to Feed the Hungry